Thursday, March 22, 2012

THANK YOU!!!

Wow! I am so humbled and awed by the outpouring of support for this effort to raise money for Henryville, Indiana. On that Friday night (March 2nd), as I looked at pictures of the devastation in Henryville, I cried. Can't say I've ever been to Henryville, but it's about 30 miles, as the crow flies, from where I was born and grew up. It felt like this tragedy happened practically in my old back yard. I knew I had to do something.

I'm not an organizer. I've never raised-a-fund in my life. But I wasn't about to let that stand in my way.

When I reached out to my Hoosier author friends - they were there with the donations and support and getting the word out! And, Holy Cannoli! Talk about donations! They came in from authors all over the country (and even outside of the U.S.)

All you have to do is scan the list of amazing people from the kidlit community who participated and see what kind of talent helped us reach and exceed our goals! Actually - we upped the goal three times! And still went way over thanks to all the great bidders!

I don't really know what else to say - except how sorry I am that there was a need for this - and how thrilled I am to be part of a community of people (authors, editors, agents, readers, bloggers, librarians, teachers, etc.) who are so freakin' generous that it makes my heart burst.

You are all the absolute best! The. Best.

Thank you.
Julia

No comments: